Sunday, August 1, 2010

East Coast Road Trip: Day 2






A few of my favorite photos from today, unedited.  Early this morning while driving thru New Brunswick we came across the World's longest covered bridge in the town of Hartland.  I spent about 1/2 an hour taking photos of the interior but I easily could have spent another 2 hours.





























Late in the afternoon we arrived in Hopewell, on the Bay of Fundy, home of the world's highest tides! We took a hike thru the Hopewell Rocks Park on The Bay to see the incredible rock formations.



The famous Flower Pots, at high tide.












We stopped to photograph this old church during an after dinner drive thru some small towns on the way to our hotel.  I love photographing old churches, especially the front doors.















All Photos:  Carol Reed




3 comments:

  1. You are a girl after my own heart! What beautiful details on the junctions of the scissor beams - when engineering becomes sculpture. This reminded me of when my children were little, and we were on a steam train to celebrate the second Harry Potter book launch, all dressed up as witches and warlords, but all I could say to the children was "look at the rivets on the old steel bridge" whereupon they fell about laughing at my obsession with junctions! Such absolute beauty - thanks for the gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virginia,

    It was hard to just select a few photos to post,,,I took at least a hundred and could have kept on shooting but we had a long ways to drive yet that morning so I had to force myself to stop shooting. The exterior of the covered bridge didn't intrigue me that much but when I walked inside it was like discovering this hidden treasure of stunning details! It was an unexpected surpise but exactly what I love about road trips. I can relate to your story of your children laughing at your obsession.....I've been like that every day on this trip!!!! Thankfully my BF is very patient and accommodating...

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to visit New England for years now if anything just for the food. But I have a soft spot for weathered gray shingles and your photos make me want to book a vacation. With three small children I envy the peace and calm that your photos exude. And I am looking forward to a vacation when I too can stop to take photos of the seaside and old buildings - maybe in another 15 years. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...